Monday, December 7, 2009

Snow, snow, everywhere... except Ghana

Okay, I am chatting with Stephanie, my bff from high school (luv ya muffin!), and she's telling me that it's snowing in DC. Nice! Meanwhile it's still unbearably hot here in Ghana. It's still hard to believe that it's already December, and that I have already hit the six month mark! I find it's cause enough to celebrate!

Speaking of, Thanksgiving was so incredible. The food at the Ambassador's (and the open bar) was amazing. The week of Thanksgiving was like living in an American bubble, which I thnk we all needed at this point.

First, I went to Thanksgiving. Then, it was to a sports bar for "Trivia Night," which was fun-ish. I was just happy to catch up with my buddies from training that I haven't seen for several months. Then on Friday I went to the Accra Mall. That's right: shopping the day after Thanksgiving! Diane and I went and saw the movie "Inglorious Bastards," which was really good. And I ate a hamburger!

These days, I've been just taking it easy before we have more training and the Christmas holidays. At this point, I am planning to head north to Nkanta for a Christmas party. I'll keep y'all posted!

SHOUT OUTs:
MOM and DAD~ Thanks so so much for the package! I love it all!
GRANDMA~ I LOVE reading Our State. Anything to remind me of NC is the bees knees in my book! Keep 'em coming!
JODI~ The music is a lifesaver, you have no idea! Thanks again! It's, literally, what keeps me sorta sane-ish. I love you!

4 comments:

Vaga Bond said...

good writing and a very different blog...good luck in Ghana !! :)

Flossie said...

Shopping the day after Thanksgiving?! You are a brave woman Katie, haha. It snowed here this past weekend, and we are supposed to get more later in the week. I need to work on updating this thing (with photos).

Miss and love you.
Hannah

Theresa Mattiello said...

Inglourious Basterds is one of my favorites now! haha..
It didn't snow here thank God!
I bet your Black Friday was better than ours!
Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a good Thanksgiving - we sure are going to miss you on Christmas - I hung your stocking up, but sent you another one for Africa!

Love ya bunches!

Mom